Useful information

Report sick from work

If you are ill, you must report sick to your employer as soon as possible. The employer may already request a medical certificate (Krankmeldung) on the first day of illness. Ask your doctor for a medical certificate (Krankmeldung) for the employer, if you are sick for longer than three days. Get a medical certificate (Krankmeldung), otherwise you can lose your right for sickness benefits. If you do not inform your employer, you could be dismissed!

At the gynaecologist

Visit to the gynaecologist: simple explanation.
All information for girls about their first visit to the gynaecologist:

Early detection of breast cancer

On hotline 0800 500 181 (Mo–Fr 8h00-18h00), advice on the topic of breast cancer prevention is offered also in Bosnian, Croatian, Serbian, Turkish and English.
If you are between 45 and 69 years old, your e-card is automatically eligible for a mammogram for early detection activated every two years. Women between the ages of 40 and 44 and over 70 can request an invitation from the hotline request or register online for the breast cancer early detection program.

Information for women

FrauenGesundheitsZentrum Salzburg
Information, counsellung and support on health and mental health issues for girls and women.
Alpenstraße 48/1. Stock, 5020Salzburg
✆ +43662 44 22 55

Information in other languages

On the website „Gesund werden. Wo bin ich richtig” there is information in other languages.